To cope with the forecasted increasing power demand, the Power Development Plan (PDP) was revised by the Ministry of Energy as PDP 2010: third revision (2012-2030). The themes of PDP 2010 substantially focus on the
adequacy of power system to enhance various infrastructure development projects in accordance with the National Economic and Social Development Plan. The PDP 2010: third revision (2012-2030) is also in line with the Alternative
Energy Development Plan (AEDP) (2012-2021) and the 20-Year Energy Efficiency Development Plan (EEDP) (2011-2030) approved by the National Energy Policy
Council (NEPC) on November 30, 2011 and endorsed by the Cabinet on December 27, 2011.
Important issues of the PDP 2010: third revision (2012-2030) are as follows:
1. The forecasted power demand results approved by the Thailand Load Forecast Subcommittee (TLFS) on May 30, 2012 are adopted within the
- The projected Thai Gross Domestic Products (GDP) and projected Gross Regional Products (GRP) estimated by the Office of National Economic and Social Development Board (NESDB) on November 29, 2011, covering the economic stimulation policies and flooding effects at the end of 2011.
- The approved 20-Year Energy Efficiency Development Plan (EEDP) (2011-2030) proposed by the Ministry of Energy.
2. Energy supply security takes into account the fuel diversification and appropriate power reserve margin level.
3. Clean energy and efficient utilization, including the Alternative Energy Development Plan (AEDP) (2012-2021), the 20-Year Energy Efficiency
Development Plan (EEDP) (2011-2030), and cogeneration system are to be promoted.
For more information, please send your enquiries to email@example.com